ASSOCIATION AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
List of IAMOT Awards and Recognitions 2012 – PDF
- 2012 Results: IAMOT2012 Awards PDF
Awards from previous years
- IAMOT2011 Awards (New) PDF
- IAMOT2010 Awards (New) PDF
- IAMOT2009 Awards (New) PDF
- 2009-5yrs-Research Publications Awards PDF
IAMOT Fellow is a distinction reserved for IAMOT members whose extraordinary accomplishments in any of the IAMOT fields of interest are deemed fitting of this prestigious grade elevation. The Fellows constitute the IAMOT Council of Fellows. Selection of fellows is done through an evaluation committee formed by the Council of IAMOT Fellows. Substituting for the Council of Fellows evaluation committee for the first year of the award is the current EC.
Candidates for IAMOT Fellow can be from academia, government, or industry, must be current IAMOT members, and must have completed at least five years of service in any grade of membership. Any person, including a non-member, is eligible to nominate an IAMOT Fellow with the exception of the chair of the IAMOT Council of Fellow Evaluating Committee.
IAMOT encourages excellence in MOT education, research, and service through a number of awards that are usually distributed during the IAMOT Awards ceremony of the annual conference. The following is a list of these awards, and their associated rules, regulations and procedures:
- Distinguished Achievement Award – The Association’s main award, this annual award recognizes significant contributions towards promoting the goals and objectives of the Association over a sustained period of time (at least 5 years). To be eligible for this award, an individual must be a member of the Association, prominent in the field of MOT, and nominated by the BOD.
- Certificate of Recognition – Nominated by IAMOT COB, president, or Conference Chair, The recipient must either:
- Be prominent in the field of Management of Technology;
- Deliver the conference Keynote Address or the Banquet Address
- Research Publication Awards – Every five years, the Association recognizes the highest publishing scholars in MOT and related fields over the last five years in archival journals. The IAMOT publication committee sets the selection rules (identification of the journals, and the number of publications). Multiple awards are awarded under this category. The recipient receives a plaque, certificate, notification letter to the awardees’ institution, one year IAMOT membership, and recognition by IAMOT in its website and journal.
- Yearly Awards
Best Book Award
One annual award to the author(s) of a recent scholarly book addressing one or more MOT aspects. Nominations are from the membership and the selection is by the Publications Committee. The recipient receives a plaque, a certificate published recognition on the website and one year IAMOT membership.
Service to the MOT Community Award
Two annual awards to a nominee with valuable contribution in support of the MOT community. Nominations are from the membership, and selection is by the Award Committee. The recipients receive a plaque, a certificate, a reduced conference fee, recognition by IAMOT, letters to their institution, organization or company, and one year IAMOT membership.
Research Project Award
One annual award to a project leader for an MOT related research project of significant local, regional, or global impact. Nominations are from the membership and selection is by the Awards Committee. The recipient receives a plaque, a certificate, a reduced conference fee, recognition by IAMOT, letters to their institution, organization, or company, and one year IAMOT membership.
5. Conference Awards
Best Paper Award
One annual award to the author(s) of a paper submitted to the conference. The criterion for the award is excellence in MOT (or related) research or application. Nomination and selection are by the Conference VP- Education, Research and Publications and a conference ad-hoc committee with a representation from the Publications Committee. The recipient receives a certificate and recognition, and a fee waiver for the next IAMOT conference.
Best Student Paper Award
One or more awards to student author(s) of a paper submitted to the conference. The criterion is excellence in MOT (or related) research or application. Nomination and selection are by the Conference Program Chair and a conference ad-hoc committee with representation from the Publications 3
Committee. The award consists of a certificate and recognition, and a fee waiver for the next IAMOT conference.
Student Travel Awards
Travel awards are granted to encourage students attendance at the conference. Nominations are by student academic advisor(s) and selection is by the IAMOT President and Conference Chair. The award consists of all or some of the following: monetary compensation, conference fee waiver , fee waiver for attending an IAMOT sponsored event or workshop.
Certificate of Recognition
This award is granted to recognize the contribution of an individual who is prominent in the field of MOT or who has delivered the conference keynote address or the banquet address. The award consists of a certificate or an appreciation plaque
Certificate of Attendance
This certificate is granted to speakers, presenters, sponsors, and session chairs at the annual IAMOT conference
Other awards may be added from time to time as per agreement between a sponsor and IAMOT.